Monday, October 29, 2007

Weekend Knitting Update


This has been the most unusual ball of Trekking I have ever knit with. I had pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I would not have matching socks when I got to the heel and had not yet had a pattern repeat. And then to reaffirm this thought, there was a knot (join) while I was knitting the gusset. I decided then, that I would not make myself crazy trying to match the socks and just begin the second sock where the yarn ended from the first. Imagine my surprise when they ended up being so very much the same. Maybe not a perfect match, but so very close. There is not much yarn left on that ball, it felt skinny from the beginning, but I am sure there is enough to finish the sock. This has been one that I have just kept knitting to see what would come next, no second sock syndrome. And it is just plain stockinette stitch. Amazing, I tell you, just amazing. It is color 82 if any of you are interested in it.


And Fall is truly here. It was 32 degrees yesterday when I got up to get ready for church and 29 this morning. I love it. It has been a sunny, very pleasant 60 degrees today. The kids were grumbling about it being cold this morning, but I loved watching them put on all the hand knit sweaters, mitts and hats this morning.


The cooler temperatures have me wanting sweaters, so I cast on for a plain vanilla sweater for myself last night. I have a few sweaters in the works for myself and one of them is so close to being finished. I have no idea what is keeping me from working on it. I like the pattern ... still, I like the yarn, I just don't want to finish it. It must be the thought of seaming it keeping me from knitting those last few inches on the front. Why do I think this sweater is going to be any different?? I have no clue. But I had an uncontrollable urge to cast on, so cast on , I did. The yarn is ( long discontinued I am sure) Froehlich Wolle Swiss Challet. I will have to make a decision soon as to whether I want fitted sleeves or dropped sleeves. Karen was shocked I was knitting stockinette stitch, I think she may have fallen out of her chair when I told her. But when I get to the front, and I decide if I want a cardigan or a pullover, I may put a cable or two on it.
Many of my patterns have been replenished at The Loopy Ewe if you care to take a peek. I must run, I need to go pick my little social butterfly up from a birthday party. Have a great week all.

8 comments:

Beth said...

The Trekking yarn is certainly striking! I have a ball of 126 (the coconut candy colors) to knit one of these days.

Also - I snagged the leftover Wollemeise lacey mitt pattern today. Yay!!

Karen said...

The socks are cool! It's funny what knots will do to the sequence. The start of your sweater looks very nice (plain stockinette, silly girl). I posted my Swags for you to look at and admire. My eye is feeling a little better.

Caroline said...

You're still my sock idol. I can't believe how fast (and beautifully) you crank them out. I'm absolutely in love with the socks you knit with the Shibui.

~Tonia~ said...

Love that Trekking color way. I can't believe how close they are to matching.

I am loving this weather. It is so nice.

Beth N said...

All the socks are beautiful--I really like the Shibui socks too. Sweater color is also very pretty.

Brenda said...

Great socks! If I try to match stripes, I don't; and if I don't care, I often get matching socks. Go figure.

I've stagnated on the last front of my minimalist cardigan. I don't think it is the thought of seaming, but the grafting for the collar and the blocking. I hate blocking sweaters. So many things to measure!

I like the yarn for your new sweater and look forward to seeing what you do with the front(s).

Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

What beautiful socks, they just scream fall to me with their lovely shades of brown cream and blue.

Janice said...

The trekking socks look great! I haven't tried that yarn yet... still on my 'to knit' list someday. I did get several of your patterns and now have to decide which to try first!!
Happy Knitting!