Tuesday, February 16, 2010

OK.... so the Sweater is not Finished.

Edited to add a better picture of the sweater on 2/17/10
But I will show pictures of what I have so far. I am still stuck on sleeve island and not making much progress since the last time. It is a terrible picture, I will take a better one when I am finished. I am losing the daylight already today for anything better. Here is the front, back, and 1 2/3 sleeves. The pattern is Gathering Intentions by Fiona Ellis from the Inspired Cable Knits. I am knitting it in Cascade 220 I don't have the color # though, as I bought this yarn years ago and no longer have the labels. It is a denim heather color.








I started a new mitt design the other day. I am knitting them in Regia solid sock yarn. I have had a hard time getting a good picture of what I have so far of these also. I had bought some Fibre Company, Road to China to knit these with, but the yarn is too soft and has too much drape to show the pattern well. I will knit something else with that. If you have not touched or knit with Road to China yet, I can tell you it is lovely.





And today, the mailman finally delivered my new Shibui Sock yarn. According to the USPS tracking, it was delivered last week, but not so. I was very disappointed when I remembered yesterday was a no mail day. I have a sock design in mind for this yarn, but I will make myself wait to wind it until I finish at least one of the above projects.







We have finally gotten some of the promised snow for this winter. The last two weeks has brought us quite a bit. I love the snow and the kids are loving the snow days. We will see how much they enjoy making them up at the end of the year though. The eldest won't have too since she is a senior and they don't make them make up snow days. This is the view out my front door yesterday. It sure took me a while to shovel the drive and I am sore today, but I loved doing it and being out in the snow and wearing my hand knits to keep me toasty warm. I will be back when I have something finished. Take care and stay warm.

5 comments:

JoAnn said...

It's nice to hear from you and see your work; we all have those pesky unfinished projects, don't we?

Very nice color of Shibui!

Stay warm!

Beth N said...

That sweater is beautiful! I love the color. The mitt design looks wonderful too. Your snow picture is beautiful --please promise to keep all the snow down your way. lol

hakucho said...

Such pretty cables! You are almost done :) I'm kind of in the same boat with my blanket...it feels like I will never finish. I'm ready to move on to something else.

My son's a senior too, but so far they have only had one snow day that won't need to be made up :)

Karen said...

Everything looks lovely! As usual. The snow is beautiful but a pain to drive in. It's melting now...but we're supposed to get rain. Blah.

Helen Knits said...

Good to see you back Monica! The sweater looks great and so does the snow.