Sunday, June 06, 2010

I Think The Knititng MoJo Has Returned


Well, after a long hiatus, I think the desire to knit has once again returned. I am so happy!!! It is sad when something you truly love to do no longer becomes desirable. Almost like losing a best friend. I don't know why it went away, or what brought it back, I just hope it sticks around for a while. I still have not finished the sweaters, it is much too hot to sit and knit with either of those on my lap right now. They will be first on my list of things to complete in the Fall.... I hope!! I have knit something I can't share with you yet, stealth knitting, but I have finished a pair of socks. These are knit in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Woodlawn colorway. Lorna's is always a pleasure to knit with. I have named these socks Deverell. The pattern is available in my Raverly shop if you are interested.



And I have made a few yarn purchases. Cherry Tree Hill has a new yarn available, Fingerpaints which is a self striping yarn. I am knitting in the Pacific Rim colorway right now. I have the first sock just about finished but have not taken pictures of it yet. The colors are much richer in person with the lighter blue shown in the picture being more of a Teal. It is very pretty and wonderful to knit with. Pictures to come soon.





This past weekend was the Hoosier Hills Fiber Festival. DD1 and I went. I unfortunately forgot to take my camera, so no pictures of the lambs or the Angora bunnies, and there were plenty of bunnies. It was pretty hot this weekend and the AC was not functioning properly in the buildings, but it was still a good time. I showed great restraint, and only purchased yarn for 2 pair of socks. DD1 will get a pair in this. She does love her blues. This is MacKintosh Yarns, it doesn't have a color name on the label. I think she just likes it for the puppy on the label : ), I have been instructed to let her have it when I am done knitting... the label that is, the socks are a given. She took the pictures so I am surprised the puppy is not showing in the picture.
And for me, also something in blue. I really had to show great restraint at this booth. I loved her color combinations. There were so many semi solids to choose from, and they were all calling to me. However, my stash really is lacking in blues so I went with that. Greens and fall tones I have oodles of, and she did have some lovely ones of those. It was so hard to leave them behind, but I was strong. This is a Merino, Bamboo, Nylon bend and is very soft. It is from Ogle Designs The color # is 440. My daughter informed me that I look very strange when I am yarn shopping. I have a confession to make. I sniff yarn, I love to smell the yarn. I can't help myself. What can I say, but apparently she finds this shopping habit of mine embarrassing. Are any of you yarn sniffers?? Please tell me I am not alone.

On a different note, last weekend my eldest graduated from High School. We are so very proud of her. Next fall she will be off to college, and I fear I will have 4 years of no sleep. Even though she has turned into a wonderful, intelligent and responsible young adult, I fear I am not ready to let her go. But go she will. I know she will be fine, me, I am not so sure about. Here she is with her 2 younger siblings. As you can see, I will have another one leaving for college in a few short years. So I guess in reality, I will not get any sleep for the next 12 years or more.
Until the next time, and I hope it will not be as long apart as the last one.

4 comments:

SusanB-knits said...

Welcome back, we missed you! and I'm glad your knitting mojo is back.
Congratulations to the graduate! And you are right you may not get to sleep much for the next 12 yrs, lol.

Jennie said...

Glad to see you back!! Congrats on the grad!! :)

Shannan said...

I'm glad to hear you are back to knitting!! Congrats to your daughter on graduating!

Sheila said...

Monica, glad to see you are knitting again. Your sock patterns are so interesting. Congratulations on your oldest graduating. It's a big step.