Sunday, June 18, 2006

Just Needs a Zipper



I have finished a cardigan for my youngest, ( it is actually a shop model for awhile and then it is the youngest's). She was more than happy to model it for me. It is a Knitting Pure and Simple pattern. We chose the jacket collar option for the neckline. I still need to put a zipper in it. I knit it with Cascade 220 Superwash and Opal Petticoat held together. I love the Knitting Pure and Simple patterns, that no seaming is a great time saver. She likes it too, the sweater that is. I will have to make a trip to Jo Ann's tomorrow for a separating zipper and then it will be officially finished.


Also just off the needles is a shell. It is a free online pattern. It is the Quick & Easy Shell. I knit this for my eldest. It fits her beautifully and she likes it, but she won't model it for me because she is sunburned from a day at an amusement park and she is in too much pain to mess with modeling clothing her mom has made. I knit this in Crystal Palace Choo Choo. It is hard to see in the picture, but it is a burnt orange with little bursts of a hot pink and the ribbon is held together with a black nylon thread. It looks like I really need to sweep off the the porch at the doorway. I should have looked closer at that before I posted the picture.


And on the needles this weekend is the Roll Neck Child's Sweater from Knitting Pure and Simple. No pictures yet. It is being knit with Cascade 220 Superwash also. The youngest wanted stripes in a spring green, yellow and peach. The body of the sweater is almost done, so there will be pictures soon. I really liked the texture of the cardi knit in Opal and Cascade 220, but I couldn't sway her into another one like that. What I really wanted was to knit it in Lorna's Shepherd Worsted but the LYS, Cottage Knits, didn't have enough of any one color that the girl child liked so we settled. It takes so long for Lorna's to ship and I need a model for an upcoming class.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. We are having a lot of rain here and the youngest is having fits because she can't go out and play. More next week, I should have progress on the next sweater and hopefully I will find the missing throw pattern so I can do the next stitch pattern on that.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Very nice, very nice. You do such good work. I can't wait to see the stripey sweater. And you better get working on the sweater or throw for you nephew!!! Only 2 weeks till his party.

Karen said...

Not trying to pressure you or anything!!