Sunday, October 29, 2006

A Blustery Day


Today reminded me of the Winnie the Pooh story "A Blustery Day". The leaves were flying and the wind was whipping through the trees. Made me want to knit some winter gear. So, while I was at the yarn shop teaching a class today, I bought some King Cole Luxury Mohair in the Vienna color and a ball of Fortissima Socka in dark brown, and made a pair of mittens. I love these mittens. They are so soft, and warm, and comfy. I will have toasty, warm hands this winter. I think I will make a pair of slippers with this yarn combination too.

The class I was teaching today, was my own Cable Scarf pattern. It is so neat to see others enjoying and knitting a pattern you have created. And, I am so happy they only found one error and that was just a typo, not a pattern error. I think I may have to knit up another one too, maybe in some Alpaca this time.

Don't forget to change your clocks!

4 comments:

Dipsy Doodle said...

My gosh, these mittens are awesome - they look so incredibly soft and cozy, just divine!

Dipsy D.
http://www.millharrow.com/weblog

hakucho said...

Wow, you are a speedy knitter! You will be toasty warm with these beautiful mittens this winter...enjoy!

Happy knitting :)

Karen said...

They look great. Since you knit faster than me, can I have a pair too? Just kidding (not).

cheekiemary said...

Saw the scarf pattern in your photos - it is lovely. Will you be selling this pattern?