Sunday, May 14, 2006

So You Say It's Your Birthday


Yesterday was my birthday, and I have to admit, I was a little bummed. But, today, Mother's Day, I am doing the happy dance. I have been wanting a new camera for quite a while now, and it seems that whenever I was close to having extra mad money put aside, something would come up and , no camera. Today I got a new Canon PowerShot, and I am so happy. I am no longer at the mercy of my family to borrow the use of their cameras. So be warned, this post is going to have A LOT of pictures. First of all, a few birthday presents. From my dearest sister Karen, I got this : a T shirt she embroidered for me, Sensational Knitted Socks, and some knitting notions and some dark chocolate.. yum! I love them all. She is such a good sister and is always there for me. Everyone needs someone like her, and I hope you all do have someone like her. And from my dear friend Cathi, I got these goodies : 4 balls of Cascade 220 superwash and the new Sally Melville book. I have discovered the joy of dying my own yarn, and she knows how much I love it, so the natural superwash yarn will become a different color. And I love working with colors so this book will be well used. Thank you Cathi and Karen.

Now, to my newest hobby, dying my own yarn. I am having such a ball doing this. My family isn't too thrilled with the smells in the house these days, but I am loving the process. So here come all the promised pictures.. This is the first of the sock yarn I dyed and I could hardly wait for it to dry so I could see how it would knit up. I am very new at this so I was very surprised to see it stripe this way. But, I have to say I really like it. I can't wait to knit the second sock but I want to post a picture of the yarn in the skein. I haven't knit any of the rest of it so there are just pictures of the skeins. I like them all .


















And I do actually have one finished project,. a pair of socks. Baby Cables from the Sensational Knitted Socks. I knit these in Austerman Step. The yarn is bit splitty so I chose not to carry the pattern down the foot. I was tired of fighting with the yarn. I love the color and the look of the sock though. Well, once again I am tired of fighting with blogger. I can't get the pictures to move where I would like them to be, so I am calling it a night. Time to watch the last bit of Survivor.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Well, I love your yarn that you dyed, it's gorgeous darling. I'm glad you like your birthday presents and that you FINALLY got your camera. Talk to you soon.

Unknown said...

I love the yarn you dyed! You are very creative! I hope you had a happy birthday and mothers day!!