Friday, October 12, 2007

Sometimes The Postman is My Friend



And I have liked him the last two days. Yesterday, he brought a package from The Loopy Ewe. I ordered some Shibui in the Seaweed color, I love it, this yarn is so soft and squishy, and the colors are so beautiful. I cast on with some Shibui yesterday in the Marine colorway, but it is vacationing on a lily pad in the frog pond right now : ( Not the yarn's fault though, knitter's error. I think this is going to be a lace and cable sock when it grows up.




And today, that sweet postman delivered this. Woolly Boully, Meanie Sock Yarn from, well Woolly Boully. Oh my goodness, this is soft yarn. Here lately, I have been changing my "favorite" sock yarn every time I order a new to me sock yarn. Soft, soft, soft I tell you. I can't wait to cast on with this. I will have to wind it tonight. The color is Red Robin: Bird, Nest and Eggs. The colors are vibrant, it looks like it has a wonderful twist and it is ever so soft. It will be in the weekend knitting queue for certain. And look at that adorable baby skein that was included. It is Texas Fields of Sunflowers. I think it will have to become a key chain sockie.

I finished the first of the Wollmeise Mini Pretzel Twists. I like it . It was fun to knit, and I love the fabric Wollmeise knits into. The pattern is typed, I just need to get it printed and then it will be on its way to The Loopy Ewe. You can make it bigger by clicking on the picture to see the little pretzel like cables. Anyway, I think they look like pretzels.



And because I am seriously afflicted with the"startitis" I cast on for a pair of socks in the Fleece Artist Karen gave to me. It is the Hercules colorway. I need to stop this. I have all my size 0 and 1 needles full, and have been looking online to buy more ... it is a sickness I tell you. So far I have shown great restraint, and have not given in to the temptation to purchase more. I don't know how much longer I can hold out though :)

OK, I am going to have a contest. I need a name for the last pair of fingerless mitts I knit. I have no idea what to name it. All you have to do is leave a name suggestion on this post, and if I choose your name you get the pattern to knit the mitts, and your choice of a skein of Lorna's Sport from The Loopy Ewe. I will choose a winner after midnight Sunday, Oct. 14 and announce the winner either Monday or Tuesday.
Happy knitting all, I am enjoying the cooler weather we are having here, I have on my handknit socks and all is well : )

24 comments:

Karen said...

Such pretty yarn stash enhancement! Lucky you! I'm sorry I have failed you as the pattern name giver on these mitts (hopefully one of your readers will come up with something...you never offered me any yarn for my services though...but I do get all the patterns for free,so...). The Fleece Artist looks good in that design. I can see you breaking down and buying more needles, very soon.

Elaine said...

How about "Summitt" - because the pattern reminds me of mountain peaks and the additional t on the end since it is a fingerless mitt.

Carolina Quilted said...

How about "cotton candy" that is what the colors remond me of. No worries about startitis. this way you won't get boreditis! I know I don't that's for sure. :)

Frances said...

My suggestion is "pathways"

I love the mailman this week, too!

Frances said...

I forgot to mention that part of the reason the mailman is on my good side is that he brought me my Loopy Ewe package which contained some of your fab patterns! Thank you! I am so looking forward to knitting these up!

Bridget said...

How about "Wings"?

Anonymous said...

English countryside is what your mitts remind of. they also make me think of all the factory working girls of the time who wore mitts similar to those. I was just at Loopy Ewe mooning over that same seaweed colorway. Green always seems to call my name.

Heddy said...

pretty yarns ... and the gloves are pretty too!

How about "Johnathan Livingston seagull" (the wings remind me of that book)

GwenB said...

Each one gets prettier, Monica. The first thing I thought of when I looked at it was Jack and the Beanstalk.

hakucho said...

Everything's beautiful. Pretty yarn, pretty socks and I love your fingerless mitts. I don't know why but the name "Esmeralda" came to mind...weird, I know :)

Hattie said...

Those pretzel socks look fun!

A name...the shape reminds me of a mermaid tail. So on that theme you could name them Ariel (The Little Mermaid-one of my faves growing up). Or something like Pastel Mermaid. :)

marit said...

"Waves" or "Storm ved Stad" (but that is only for the locals around here to understand-LOL) Nice colours on the yarns, and nice socks!

Jana said...

I have been wanting this pattern since I saw these on your blog. My guess for a name is "Fishtail Braid" that's what it reminds me of.

~Tonia~ said...

Just gotta love that postman.

The socks look great.

Love the mitts. Ripples & Waves - Ripple & Wave. It just had to have the side cable pattern included in the name somehow.

Alisha said...

You always have such great socks/sock yarns!!!! Your a sock knitting godess!!!


How about Free Falling for the fingerless gloves......I am not sure why it just came to me as I thought of a name.

Angela said...

How about "Wings"?

Angela said...

Sorry, I just read through your comments and saw that someone already suggested "wings". How about "Windy"?

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Ok, I have 3 suggestions for the name of your new mitts:

1. Somerset Mitts (since that is the colourway you used)
2. Name them after your daughter (since you knit them for her to give as a gift...or name them after the recipient of the gift)
3. Woven Ribbons (that is what they reminded me of...ribbons woven into lace).

BTW, I ordered some yarn from Loopy Ewe and while I was ordering that, I had to order one of your patterns, so I got (well am getting since it's in the mail) the Sea Breeze pattern!

sheep#100 said...

My suggestion is "Cascading Hearts". Beautiful mitts!

LunabudKnits said...

It reminds me of hearts and wings all at the same time:) I would suggest 'winged hearts' or 'hearts arise'....something along those lines. It is a very pretty pattern:) Haven't tried fingerless mitts yet, but this looks like a good one.

maggiemay1219 said...

The colors in this yarn are amazing and the pattern reminds me of a rainbow so my name for these gorgeous gloves would be Amazing Rainbows.

Beth N said...

I love everything--the first thing I thought of was wings too but since that was taken-- I would add Winged Flight to the mix.

Knit Knack Patty Whack said...

Hi Monica, everything looks great! How about "Peakaboo Mitts".

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Ok...just realized that your pattern isn't called Sea Breeze..that was the colourway of one of the skeins of yarn I ordered. I ordered your Dancing Tulips pattern. Don't mind me...I've had a cold for the last 3 days and I'm a little out of it.