Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A very Happy Boy Child

Well, I finished knitting for the boy child and he is very happy. I didn't get the fingerless gloves done until today, but finished they are. I apologize in advance for the poor quality of the pictures. It is blindingly bright out today, casting shadows everywhere. I no sooner got the last tail woven in and these were grabbed from my hands. This is what he has really been wanting me to make him the most. I hope he takes them off to bathe. You just never can tell with a 13 year old boy. He did take them off when he loaded the dishwasher, so there is hope.

And, I finished both pair of socks. And they fit wonderfully, Fred Flintstone feet and all. The multi colored pair is knit in Lang Jawoll. I couldn't tell any difference in the yarn even though the skeins were bought in different stores and 7 years apart. Well, the second skein may have felt a tad thinner, but no noticeable difference in color.
And the second pair is in Jaeger Matchmaker Merino 4 ply. That was probably a big mistake on my part, as there is no nylon in the yarn. I have talked to him about running around outside in his stocking feet, and the fact they need to be washed on a regular basis. We will see how that works out. If he wants me to knit more socks for him, he will abide by the rules. Esp, since his feet are adult sized now and it takes longer to knit them. That time could be well spent knitting socks for moi.
DD1 was having a fit because I knit 3 items for him and I still have not finished her socks. She seems to have forgotten the fingerless mitt knitting marathon that went on last week. But I will work on those this week and a pair for the youngest DD also. (I have to keep these things even, lest I hear I have favorites :) The youngest loves the thought of having the hand knits but she really doesn't wear them. She loves to be bear foot, even in the winter. She is always hot, so she peels sweaters off as soon as she is inside. But still she asks for them, and I oblige ... usually.
Well I am off to knit the socks for the eldest. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and has a safe and Happy New Year.

9 comments:

Diane said...

That's a problem when you have more than one kid; everyone wants something. The boy knitting looks great.

hakucho said...

It's so nice that they enjoy and appreciate your hand knits. Yay for knitting what we want now that Christmas is over!!

happy knitting :)

Karen said...

His hands look happy to have the fingerless gloves on. The socks look great! Happy New Year (lets hope this one sucks less, sorry about the language).

~Tonia~ said...

Glad that everything fit. Well if he wears them to bathe and what not at least you know that he loves them. LOL

Janice said...

Lucky boy child!!! Wishing you a very Happy New Year full of knitting and good things! I'm looking forward to some good knitting time when life settles down. I have some of your patterns just begging to be knit up!!!

gypsyknits said...

Oh my gosh. Kids and even knitted gifts. it must be a thing with them. I hear about it all the time and I feel your knitting woes. LOL

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The knitted items all look fabulous! Hope you and your family have a happy new year! It's about 1 hour and 9 minutes from 2008 here in South Korea!

Karen said...

How fun to have your kids enjoy your knitted items. I made my daughter a pair of socks for her birthday last April, and she is just now starting to wear them. She is 18 and stuck on athletic socks. :) We're working on broadening her horizons. The mitts are fabulous!

Jane said...

Gloves look great. I can see why he loves them!