Sunday, August 06, 2006

BallBand Craze


I have been hit by the Ballband dishcloth craze. I am making these like crazy. I think they are addictive. And the best part is, they are cotton, so your hands stay dry in this terrible heat while you are knitting, unlike my wool ... I am half afraid to knit with it for fear it will felt in my hands from the heat and the sweat. I went to Hobby Lobby the other day and bought more cotton, JoAnn's and Wally World were just about out and had maybe 4 colors total. I think the whole city must be knitting them.




And as if I don't already belong to enough groups, I joined 2 more this week. I joined the FCCabled Hooded Pullover KAL I think I knit this sweater in 1977 when the pattern was released. It looks so familiar. I am knitting it in Cascade Eco Wool. I started with the sleeves, I hate knitting sleeves so I thought I would start with them and use that as my gauge swatch. I think this is going to be a really quick knit.

And the other KAL is the Mystery Sock KAL. You find a sock pattern online that doesn't have a picture, hence the mystery. I thought what the heck, I will be brave and not even look at the patterns first. I closed my eyes and pointed my index finger out and whatever it lands on, that is the one I will knit. So, I am knitting this sock in Mountain Colors Bearfoot. I figure at least the sock yarn will be great, since I am knitting site unseen. It is a simple lace pattern, I didn't even copy it as it is only a 3 stitch repeat with only 4 rows to the pattern, 2 of those being knit . I will have to go back though and look at the name of it so I can post it on the KAL. I think I am starting a little early. I hope that is ok.

Well, surprisingly enough, blogger has been relatively cooperative today. This has been an almost pleasant posting experience, LOL.

My turkey breast smells like it is getting close to done so I better go finish dinner. Have a great weekend all, what is left of it anyway.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Your dishcloths look great. I must start some. And the new sweater (sleeve) looks great too. 2 more inches and I start the toe on the blue sock (tease, tease). Your mystery sock is pretty.

Tori said...

The discloths are cool! great knitting for extreme heat that has passed over the states. I like the mystery sock idea, fun! I have to stop looking at your picture of the sleeve in Cascade Eco, I love it!

Elaine said...

Those dishcloths are great. It makes me want to start one - or two - or three.......