Thursday, December 21, 2006

I Have Been Tagged....

"THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the "6 weird things about you." People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you are tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog."

6 weird things about me
1. I will not eat or drink after my children, but I will after my husband. I think it has something to do with the little presents they used to leave in my glass when they were toddlers.
2. I have been told I have a "quirky" sense of humor.
3. I will not eat food from a pitch in unless I know who made it and know they wash their hands.
4. I kinda have a germ phobia and yet, I am a nurse... go figure
5. I fall asleep while knitting and continue to knit, and once knit two sleeves together while doing so. I generally knit them at the same time.
6. I rub my feet together while I am sleeping (that was from my husband)

OK thanks Deb, now who to tag. Karen, Allison, Alisha, Diane, Helen, and Shelley, hope you don't mind and of course you don't have to play if you don't want too. It is hard to think of 6 things that are weird, because to me they aren't weird. I had input from my family.

And a few knitterly things. I posted this on my Flickr but not on my blog as it was a gift for a secret pal. She should have received it by now, but has not posted anything, so I am going to go ahead and post a picture of it. I had posted a progress picture of it earlier. I used the charts from the mini sock in Socks, Socks Socks and just adapted it to make a felted stocking.


And in another exchange I made a scarf with some lovely Elsebeth Lavold Angora. I used the Double Eyelet Rib stitch for the scarf, seed stitch on the bottom and sides. This is a lovely yarn to knit with and ever so soft. I know she has hers, she emailed me to let me know. The color is Aubergine, very eggplant looking. I hope everyone is getting their Christmas knitting done, I am still dreadfully behind.

8 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I've posted my 6 weird things now if you want to read them.

hakucho said...

The felted stocking is so pretty ...I love it. Felting is the best! The scarf is beautiful. Pretty color and pattern. The exchangees ahould be very pleased.

Glad you didn't mind being tagged :)
As far as being a germa phobe I don't think that's weird at all...just sensible :)

happy holidays :)

Karen said...

But the germs seem to like you, as you have been so sick lately. Stocking is beautiful and so is the scarf. Thanks for the "tag". I'll have to ask Mandy what is weird about me.

Alisha said...

~rubs hands in excitment~ I've been tagged!!!

I will think of some weird stuff and post soon!!!

Great little stocking. I must try one of those sometime.

Beautiful scarf!

Bonnie O. said...

I was going to tag you but you were already "it"!

Janice said...

Love your felted stocking! It turned out great..as do all of your projects!!
Your weird list is great. A germaphobic nurse :-) I bet you wash your hands ALOT while you're working!!

Anonymous said...

love love love the sock.. I just got into knitting fair isle and I am addicted!!
Have a merry christmas.

Angela said...

I can see not eating or drinking after kids. I'm the same way, especially since my DH is usually careful about what he puts in his mouth. Besides, the kids don't like it very much.

Ang