Monday, December 04, 2006

Just Laying Around.....


and knitting lots of socks. I have been laid up with this pneumonia. I don't have much energy to do anything, but am finally feeling like knitting again. And I have been finishing up some of these socks that have been treated like unwanted step children. They are feeling the love now, and will be keeping my toes toasty warm in this cold front that has blown through. This is the pair I started back in August I think. Opal sock yarn given to me by Karen. It is a Dream Catcher I think, I can't remember the number. Just my generic sock pattern, 68 stitches and size 2 dpn's.




And then there are the Koigu socks ... I do love these. It is the baby cable pattern, well kinda, from Sensational Knitted Socks. These have got to be some of my favorite colors. The cables are a little longer spaced than the pattern calls for, but it is essentially the same sock. I don't have the ball bands for this yarn any more so I have no idea of the color numbers. They are probably in the bottom of one of my many knitting bags. Knit on 2 circs, size 1 Addi's





And here are the socks that I am designing for Karen for our sock exchange. I already have mine from her, so I need to get busy on these. She has already seen them so it is ok for me to post a picture of them. Knit in Lorna's Laces in the Sunshine colorway, on size 1 dpn's. She loves yellow, so these are just perfect for her and the cables and lace design shows well in it. They aren't really that bright in real life, but it is cold out and I am not going outside to take a picture of them. Sorry about the glare bouncing off the table from the flash. Blogger is loading everything sideways or upside down and it won't let me load the last picture, so I will save that for another post.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those yellow socks!! I can't believe you designed them yourself, I would never be able to do that!

Karen said...

I love my socks!!!!!! I can't wait to wear them! Your Opal and Koigu socks are pretty too. Get better!

Diane said...

I just finished casting on that same colorways of Opal so it's nice to see a finished pair to check how the colors will actually come out.

Sorry to hear that you've been sick. Your family has really had quite a run of illness and winter has yet to really come. Keeping my fingers crossed that from here on things will get better for you healthwise.

Janice said...

Sorry to hear you've been so sick; but at least you feel well enough to knit again! You do amazing knitting (just looking through your whole blog!) These socks are no exception!! They will make some toes very happy!!

Helen Knits said...

Gorgeous socks Monica. Good to hear you are feeling better and knitting again.

hakucho said...

All of your socks are beautiful. Glad to see you are knitting again :) Feel better real soon.
Happy knitting :)

Alisha said...

Lovely socks.

Sorry you haven't been well. I seem to be on my way into something nasty as we speak. I hope it passes as there have been so so many people that have ended up with pneumonia....and I have a lot to do for gifts still...many metres of fabric to sew...socks to knit!!!! Cards are done at least!!

Rest and get well for the holidays!!!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

These socks are awesome! I am so inspired by you and her to get back into socks...once the Christmas knitting is done of course ;o) lol!

Hope you're over the pneumonia soon!