Monday, December 18, 2006

Pink Hat


Remember the pink SWTC Phoenix yarn from the previous post? It has become a hat for my eldest daughter. She is a bit tired and grumpy this morning, but still willing to model it for me. She hates getting up so early for school. Seed stitch around the bottom and top of the hat with a double eyelet rib stitch for the rest. I think it turned out pretty well, and she likes it.

I finished sock 1 of a pair for DH last night. I wish I had picked a different yarn for his socks. I love Trekking, and I love the color, but so few of the Trekkings have repeats, so the socks won't be identical. I don't know how well he will like that, and this is the first pair of socks I have knit for him. I am hoping to convert him into a handknit sock lover.
Back to Christmas knitting, time is a ticking.

8 comments:

hakucho said...

I love your daughter's hat...very pretty. Perfect color for her coloring!
happy knitting :)

Diane said...

Boy that yarn lasted 2 days in your house. The hat looks wonderful on the grouchy one. I've got some grouch early school risers too. Of course today is the last day of exams and they don't go back until mid January ..... gotta love college.

Karen said...

It looks great. You would think that color would brighten her mood a little. Mandy was a little grumpy too this morning. Talk to you later!!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The hat looks great! Is it one of your own designs?

As for your hubby's socks, if he's not satisfied that they don't match, just tell him he'll have his shoes on during the day so it won't be noticeable...and if he takes his shoes off, then he'll just not have to look down at his feet...LOL!

Monika said...

That's a lovely hat! I hope you can convert your husband. I've knit mine 2 pairs, but he hasn't worn them yet, then again, it was way to warm for wooly socks (for him anyway). He might like them. I love Trekking, have some in my stash, but made just one pair for my mom, purplish ones, very lovely color.

Janice said...

The hat turned out wonderful. I love the design. Morning does come early sometimes :-) At least she was willing to model the hat!

Your hubby should be thrilled to wear his socks... very few hubby's have socks handknit with love! :-) And the fact they may not match perfectly just proves their originality!

hakucho said...

You have been tagged! Find all the details in my blog :)

Alisha said...

Great hat!