Saturday, December 16, 2006

Kona from Australia

A little while back Danielle of Sheep Geek was giving away some goodies in a contest. I was very lucky to be the recipient of some lovely hand dyed Henry's Attic Kona yarn. Well today the postman delivered this lovely package to me. The candy bar did not fare well in the trip across the pond as you can see, but I am sure it will still be delicious. The yarn is even more beautiful than I thought it was from the pictures on Danielle's blog... simply beautiful. It will be hard to stay focused on Christmas present knitting with this in the house. Can you see the little pictures at the bottom of the package, the middle one is a camel crossing sign, too funny. That is one we don't have here in Indiana. Thank you Danielle for sharing some of your beautiful hand dyed yarn with me.

Added on:
I got my Christmas exchange gift today from Teresa. She sent some lovely handspun, by her, yarn yummy 40% cashmere, 40% silk, 20% Merino in a beautiful brown. I am hoping to make a pair of mittens and a hat with it. I may have to order some more of it to make a matching scarf at a later date. She also sent a silk needle case, a tote bag from SWTC and a ball of hot pink SWTC Phoenix. The Phoenix is already becoming a light weight hat for the eldest. Thank you Teresa for the wonderful gift.

7 comments:

Karen said...

That yarn looks very nice. And all the colors you like so well.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Love that yarn - soooo pretty! Can't wait to see what you knit up with it.

hakucho said...

Wow, you have some very nice yarn there. You'll be knitting up a storm soon!
Happy knitting :)

Jknits said...

Looks like there will be some fun post-holiday knitting at your house!

Diane said...

If you are finding the new yarn too distracting please send it to me .... out of sight out of mind LOL. What beautiful new stuff. Can't wait to see what you make with it.

Helen Knits said...

Gorgeous yarns Monica. I am looking forward to seeing what you'll make with it.

Angela said...

Gorgeous stuff!

Ang