Friday, December 01, 2006

Just In Time...


I finished these socks just in time for the for the Lacevember KAL. I really wanted to finish the Lace Cardigan I am knitting from Elann's free patterns, but it just didn't happen. The socks are from the Sensational Knitted Socks book, Ribbed Lace. They are knit in Lorna's Sport in the Somerset colorway on size 2 needles. It is a fun pattern to knit and I will probably knit it again sometime. Rumor has it, that my niece would like to have a pair of these, so if my sister doesn't get around to knitting them for her before her birthday, I just might.

And what has kept me from knitting and blogging....my family has been plagued with respiratory infections for the last month. Each time one of them would get sick, I would get just a little bit of whatever they had. Just enough to make you feel worn out and a little puny, but not too bad. Well I finally got it full blown. I started feeling really bad Friday evening last week, and thought I was dying by the end of the weekend. Except to shower and go to the bathroom, I hardly got off the couch, until today when I ventured out to the doctor. I returned with a boat load of prescriptions and a diagnosis of pneumonia.... guess that pneumonia vaccine is only good for a few years. I hate taking Prednisone, but I tell you, it is a wonder drug when you can't breath. Talking is too much effort, it causes uncontrollable coughing, which makes the head and chest hurt. I know, what kind of cheese do I prefer with my "whine." Hopefully I will feel like knitting again soon. I have several socks that just need a very minimal amount of attention in order to be finished, so I have been working on them in between the coughing fits. Pictures to come soon.

8 comments:

Karen said...

Your socks look great!! I do hope you feel better soon, I missing IMing with you. Love you!

Anonymous said...

The socks are beautiful!
Sorry to hear you're sick, hopefully you will be better soon!

hakucho said...

Very pretty socks. Pattern and color just beautiful! Please take good care of yourself. REST . I had pneumonia twice and it took me forever to get back to normal.
Hope you'll be feeling much better very soon :)

hakucho said...

Very pretty socks. Pattern and color just beautiful! Please take good care of yourself. REST . I had pneumonia twice and it took me forever to get back to normal.
Hope you'll be feeling much better very soon :)

Helen Knits said...

Sorry to hear that you've all been unwell at your house. I hope you get better soon. The socks look great, lovely colours.

Sue said...

Nice socks. I hope your feeling better, nothing worse than not being able to breathe properly.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks--hope you are getting plenty of rest and feeling better soon.

cheekiemary said...

That cough will linger forever! Give yourself an evening treat - squeeze a fresh lemon. Put 2 shots of lovely Southern Comfort in a coffee mug, and then put in 1 shot worth of honey and 1 shot worth of the lemon juice, put it in the microwave for a minute and stir it up good. Not only will it help relieve your cough, you'll have a lovely smile on your face to boot.