Sunday, August 12, 2007

Better Late than Never.....


The throw is finished. Well close enough to say it is anyway. Here it is, damp and laid out on an old bedspread, ready to be pinned out. The fan is on to hasten the drying process, the finish line is in site. Yeah, yeah, I misssed the Aug. 9th deadline. The in laws are coming over tomorrow for DD2 10th birthday, so I got an extension. It feels good to finish something big.... who am I kidding, it feels good to finish anything. Now I need to do some house cleaning.... yuck!

Look what the mail man brought to me the other day. I was a lucky winner of a blog contest. Some yummy STR in theLovers Leap colorway. Thank you so much LaVerna for a great contest and the lovely yarn. I will have to wind it now that the throw is finished. I think it wants to be something textured.
Well just a short one for today, I must get the house tidied up a bit. Enjoy the rest of the weekend and Happy Knitting!!

8 comments:

Karen said...

Frank and Vicki are going to love the ghan, it is so pretty! Wind that yarn quick and get it started! Give your girl a birthday kiss from me (that's better than a pinch to grow an inch). Happy Birthday Lauren!!!!

marit said...

What a pretty throw! Lovely colour. And it will be fun to see what your skein of yarn turns into:-)
Happy birthday to your daughter- my DD2 (and youngest) turned 10 in July, and celebrated at her Grandmoms house. Great fun.

Janice said...

Congratulations on finishing the throw!! that is a big project and one to be proud of having off the needles :-)!! Beautiful skein of STR! I have a skein here begging to be knit up. Can't wait to see what you'll make!! Happy Knitting and Happy Birthday to DD!

Beth N said...

Your afghan turned out beautifully-I'm sure that they are going to love it. Hope Lauren has fun on her birthday.

Brenda said...

Congratulations on finishing the afghan in time! It looks wonderful!

~Tonia~ said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter!!

The throw looks great. I bet the in-laws will love it.

Yummm STR.

Angela said...

Cool yarn! That throw is going to be lovely. I've missed being able to read your blog. Glad you are doing well and still knitting.

Ang

Deb said...

The throw is lovely!