Friday, March 17, 2006

Almost ready for the mail


I am finally finished with my knitting for the scarf exchange. I couldn't decide on what type of scarf to knit for Michelle, my exchange partner , so I knit 2 for her. I am going to have to knit another of the diamond aran for myself sometime. The aran scarf is a free on line pattern, knit in Schoeller Esslinger "Merino Light", a very soft yarn and very warm too. The other scarf is just a simple drop stitch scarf knit with Crystal Palace Waikiki and Little Flowers held together. She also has a 9 year old daughter, so I thought she should get something too , so I made her a Madeline bag, knit with Cascade 220 a purple heather and Little Flowers held along on the flap,,,, I hope she likes purple. I just need to get a few goodies to throw along in there and it is ready to go...13 days before the deadline, I might add.

Also on the needles is a pair of cables and ribs socks in worsted wt yarn, it is an intro to cables class I am teaching at my LYS for advanced beginner sock knitters. This is based on a free online pattern which I have modified for this class. This one is knit in Cascade 220 Superwash, but the ladies in the class are knitting theirs in Lorna's and they are lovely.

Some of the new Trekking in the spring colors followed me home from the yarn shop today . I have that started and will take a picture when I have a little more on the needles. It makes me think of me of an Easter egg right now. I am off to see which color come next....

3 comments:

Karen said...

You will have to give me your pattern for your cable sock and the scarf. You know how I love cabling.
Your scarf exchange person is going to love the scarves.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Was just looking through the pictures on your posts. You've got some great items there, and lots of pretty colours and yarns that you used too!

Knit Knack Patty Whack said...

Just found your blog..it looks great. Makenzie and I love purse and scarves.. I think we may just have to share them.. ;)