Sunday, March 12, 2006

A few recently finished things


I have been working on a pair of mock cable socks in the new Austermann Step sock yarn I wanted to see how this yarn worked up. It is the one with the lotion in the yarn. It is pretty soft, and I like the way it stripes, but this yarn splits quite easily. I opted not to continue the cable down the instep because I was tired of fighting with it I really ought to finish these socks as they have moved into the second sock syndrome bin.

I have been knitting mostly shop models for the last few months. My family is feeling neglected. Apparently they think I am obsessed with knitting...... They may be correct in that.

I recently whipped up this little felted Easter Basket. It is my own design. It was fun to just sit down and knit and see what comes off the needles. It is knit in Cascade 220 and a variety of novelty yarns. I am pleased with the way it turned out.

I have been making a ton of felted bags too. The yarn shop recently started carrying Noni Bag patterns. I made this one last week and have another one in the works, for some reason it is taking me quite awhile to get that one done . I am so tired of knitting round and round. I knit this one in Cascade 220 also in two shades of blue

Well that is about all for today. More soon. I am waiting for my Lily Bag to dry so I can give it a shave. I knit it in Lopi and it is extremely fuzzy and definitely needs a haircut.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

No comments: