Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Finished Just in Time


My nephew's birthday was today, but the party was yesterday. I had decided to make him a throw for his birthday, and then was worried that I wouldn't be able to finish it in time. It was originally going to be for Christmas... what was I thinking. Thank goodness my husband decided to come along for the party, or I would have been knitting and driving over to Ohio... not a good combination. I finished it in route and it turned out really nice, anyway I think it did. And I think he liked, it is hard to tell with boys .. . I mean young men. The pattern is from the Little Box of Throws and it is knit in Reynolds Utopia.

New on the needles this week is a shawl and the Baby Albert sweater. I hope to have them both finished by the end of the week. I will have pictures of them then.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th

2 comments:

Karen said...

C.J. loves it. He is snuggled under it all the time. Benjamin didn't have a chance of stealing it once C.J. unwrapped it. You did good Sis, it's a hit. And driving and knitting don't mix, so I'm glad Tony came too.

Karen said...

Oh, Kaitlin is fine. At their age they don't need much taking care of, just feed them a few times a day and they're happy.