Thursday, September 28, 2006

Ballband Bag anyone


I loved knitting the ballband dishcloth, in fact I made several of them and plan to make even more. I got to thinking that a bag based on the ballband dish cloth would be really neat. And I love all this new Diakeito the LYS has now, and they have some with great fall colors ... so I made myself a new bag. I still need to give it a little shave when it is completely dry and purchase a button and some straps when I go to the LYS next. I have to say, I love it! I started another bag this morning, but I haven't gotten very far, I kept falling asleep, that is what I get for staying up until 2:30 knitting and felting. When I get past the bottom, I will take a picture of it.

10 comments:

Karen said...

that is gorgeous. You have the greatest ideas.

Janice said...

I absolutely love this bag.. I too am addicted to the ballband dishcloths..never thought of it for a bag! great idea!!

Leena said...

What a lovely bag. I love it!
purrs Leena

Jknits said...

That's fabulous. Absolutely stunning.

A. M. Warnke said...

Great Idea! I wan tto make at least 7 bags for Cristmas I loved making that pattern I may have to follow your lead. Any chace you are going to be a pattern mom on Bags-a-holic?

Just NEAT!

Heidi said...

Gorgeous!! I've thought of doing something like that with Fair Isle, but this takes the cake!

Sue said...

Beautiful, beautiful bag! I have set some yarn aside for a bag and I think I'll try using the ball band pattern, also, and design a bag using that. What a great idea. I read through your blog and must say that your work is stunning!

Judy said...

Love this bag, thanks for the pattern ! I can't wait to give it a try !

kathy b said...

Just lovely. The color with the black is intense and delightful. Thanks for pattern sharing. I think I have to try this dishcloth thing. Look out relatives.

Jennifer said...

this is one that i will DEFINITELY be making as i have tons of wool and am addicted to felted bags!!! :))))
thanks so much for sharing the directions. i'm new to your blog and think you are an amazing knitter!