Friday, September 22, 2006

Sock Yarn on Sale this Week Only


My LYS is celebrating its first anniversary, and all the sock yarn is on sale... whoo hoo. I did contain myself to just enough for 2 pair of socks though. It was a hard choice, but I narrowed it down to these two. Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Black Watch and Gold Hill, aren't they lovely. She has a hard time keeping this stuff in stock, and the shelf was almost empty. I am so lucky to have gotten this, being the week is almost over.

I am knitting a modular baby blanket for an upcoming class. The pattern is from Knitting at KNoon, and the yarn is Lorna's Shepherd Worsted and Cascade 220 Super Wash. It is a really quick knit and hopefully I will have it done by the weekend. I just pray that ADD won't rear its ugly head, and I won't lose interest in it before it is finished. My son wasn't too happy when I started this. I started a hooded pullover for him, and it has been put on hold. I will post a picture of that when I have a little more done on it. He wanted to know how long it takes to make each square and then he calculated the time until I would be able to resume knitting on his sweater. Poor thing, I have not met his estimated finishing time. He must really want a new sweater.


And, for myself, I have started these. But I don't dare be caught knitting on these when Benjamin is home. Ribbed Lace socks from the Sensational Knitted Socks book. I am knitting them in Lorna's in the Somerset colorway. I do love the Lorna's Laces. And just this afternoon, I went back to the yarn shop and got 3 balls of Opal and another ball of Diakeito Rococo. I am going to make another cable hat and I will write down the pattern this time. I think it was Rose that was asking for it, so when it is done I will pass it along to you.

More later, it is almost time to go pick the eldest up from the football game. They have an early morning tomorrow and a very long day. They are going to Louisville in the morning and will have a long day of competition. They are in the BOA ( Bands of America) and have competition almost every weekend. They are leaving at 6:30 AM and won't return until 1:30 AM, ridiculously long hours if you ask me, but they sound really good, all their hard work really shows. She will be a bear to get up Sunday morning for church.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hi Monica,
I love Lorna's Laces and the two color shades you just got, Gold Hills and Black Watch, are the ones that I wanted to purchase next. How about that! We must have similar tastes in color. Your socks from the Sensational Socks book look fabulous!

Karen said...

You are so lucky to have such easy access to yarn. It so pretty!! The baby blanket is pretty. And the socks too (Mandy wants me to knit that pattern for her).

kathy b said...

Wow, the modular baby blanket is incredible. Great to post it for us.