Thursday, November 09, 2006

My Son, The Computer Genius

I came home from a knitting, well actually a crochet, lesson today and was greeted by my again, sick, son. He stayed home from school today, slept most of the day, and then worked on a button for me. He is 12 years old and he wants to be a video/computer game creator when he grows up ... I know, what 12 year old boy doesn't think that is the ideal career. He checked out books from the library on html code and animation, and is becoming a self taught computer geek. He is too funny. I love the new button, I think he is a genius. I of course am computer illiterate, and require his help often, so I am easily impressed. I think he will have to tone it down a bit though. The constant flashing is a bit much for me. He is going to work on that, but the flashing button is here for awhile. What kind of mom would I be if I removed this piece of art from the sidebar. Genius, I tell you.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Yes he is!!! His aunt and cousin think so.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

He did an awesome job on the button!

sheep#100 said...

I started the same way - on my own - but I was lots older. I love programming.

hakucho said...

Love your new button. Very "cool" :) Watch out, just wait...the next thing he'll be writing programs. Self teaching is the best. My son started out the same way (very young) reading books and then doing all kinds of cool things, programming included and now he's a 3rd year computer/electical engineering student and writes computer games on the side for fun! (can you tell I'm a little bit proud!)