Monday, November 20, 2006

Weekend Knitting


I finished the bag I started for the youngest. She has seen me knitting on it, but doesn't seem too interested in it. I know she will love it though. She is just preoccupied with important things ... like playing with her friends. I did the strap in double knitting, it makes for a very strong strap. I just need to find the right button for the closure. This bag is knit in Cascade 220, I love to felt with Cascade.




I also knit up a little pair of baby socks. The 2 ladies I am teaching to knit socks right now will both be having a baby join their families in the near future, and wanted me to write them a pattern. The one is pregnant, and the other is going to be a grandma. I love baby socks, they are just so darn cute. These are knit in a superwash merino on size 2 needles. They look a little gray in this picture, they are actually an icy blue. I just need to type out the pattern before Tuesday.

I am working on a hat for my daughter's teacher for Christmas present, per her request (the teachers, that is.) I made her a scarf last year, she wants a hat this year, too funny. She is teaching a multi age group class this year so Lauren got her 2 years in a row. I think it was planned so she could get the hat.

8 comments:

Karen said...

You are so fast!! Lauren's bag looks so cool! And the baby socks are so cute! You are so good.

Diane said...

Beautiful bag and yes playing with your friends will distract you from anything your mom is doing. LOL. The socks are adorable. Anything baby is adorable. It's that tiny size that does it. Is Kaitlin feeling better? Does your family know that it's ok if there isn't at least one sick person in the house?

Helen Knits said...

The bag and the baby socks are gorgeou. You are such a fast knitter, I wish I was as quick or even half as quick as you Monica.

Alisha said...

Oh I love the bag. And you make me want to knit a cute pair of baby socks now.

Janice said...

Love the bag... esp. the strap. Need to learn to do that.
Great socks as well.

primdollie said...

Oh Monica love the bag you made for your youngest daughter I know she will love it!!! and the colors are so great together!!! and the socks are darling!!!! wish I could knit as fast as you maybe if I keep at it I will someday!!???!!!thanks for sharing!!

hakucho said...

Double knitting the strap...that's ingenious! I definitely will keep that in mind the next time a make a felted bag. Thanks for sharing that and by the way the bag is beautiful. I love ballbands and double knitting!
Happy knitting :)

Heidi said...

Love the brown and pink bag, that's a colour combination that is very high on my list of bags to make. Now to figure out how to combine them nicely....so many different possibilities!

Love the socks, soooo cute!