Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Failure .... Kind of


Well, I gave into the temptation and started a new sock. Surprisingly enough, not with one of my new, beautiful, sock yarns. It was something in my stash. Something plain, calling out to be knit into a nice cabled, textured sock. Something other than a plain vanilla sock that seems to be the majority of the singletons I have stashed everywhere throughout the house. I have to tell you, I think I just need to stop knitting basic stockinette stitch and ribs. I cast on for these, and as soon as I wove in the last end of the first sock, the second one was on the needles. I love them. The first one fits wonderfully,and it is very comfortable. I will get back to the singetons as soon as I am finished with this pair .... I promise.


I also started another BallBand Felted Bag . It has been a while since I have knit one of these. Beth brought it to my attention that there was a group on Ravelry knitting this, so I joined. And since it has been a while since I knit one, I thought I better cast on for one to refresh my memory. So I dug through my stash. Wouldn't you know, I gave my last 2 balls of Noro to the knitting daughter about a week ago, so that was out. I found some Rio De La Plata in Chinchilla and some variegated Malabrigo, I am unsure of the color, and cast on. They are more complimentary colors than contrast colors, but I think it is going to look very nice. I forgot how fast these are to knit.
And I was so excited to learn I had won a blog contest. Alabama Fiber Dreams was celebrating her blogiversary and was giving away some wonderful prizes. And I was a lucky winner. I have not knit with either of the 2 sock yarns she is giving away, Lime & Violet’s Sasquatch Sock and Yarn Pirate’s Merino/Tencel blend. I have seen beautiful socks knit with both of these, and am looking forward to knitting them up into socks. Thanks Jessi !!! for the yarn and the wonderful blog. Go check out her spinning, it is wonderful. That is on my list of things to learn to do.
Well, I better go do a little house cleaning (yuck) before the kids get home from school. The boy child needs to get allergy shots today, so that will be an hour of knitting time later on : )
Have a great week!!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually you ARE working on reducing the singletons ... you have one sock finished (the singleton) and you are working on the mate. Soon you'll be one singleton down.

Beth N said...

I love the new sock and it looks like you are almost done with the second sock--such a speedy knitter!! Your bag looks great too--I still need some constrasting yarn for my bag and to be a little bit further along on the afghan.

Karen said...

Another beautiful sock! I can't wait for the pattern. Your bag is pretty too. I love the more mellow colors of it.

Caroline said...

Sometimes there is nothing better than vanilla. I love the stitch definition on your sock.

Angela said...

Love that aran sock. Are you writing the pattern, or can this one be purchased elsewhere? It's wonderful:)

Ang

Pat said...

What a beautifully patterned/textured sock! Perfect in vanilla yarn!

hakucho said...

Your socks are so pretty...looks like a very interesting knit. Pretty color choices for your ballband bag. That's so cool they are doing a knit-a-long of your pattern on ravelry :)

Janice said...

The new socks are beautiful!! Will this be another pattern that will be available soon??? (I hope, I hope!) I will have to check out the Ballband Bag Kal on Ravelry. I needs to knit me another one. It's such a fun bag to knit and I love how it felts up.

hakucho said...

Check my blog out...you just received an award!!

Lindy said...

BEAUTIFUL socks! I just love the pattern, and it looks so nice in white!

Sue said...

I love the cabled sock, and there is nothing better than a project you cant put down.

Brenda said...

What a lovely sock! I can see why there is no SSS with that pair.

I hadn't seen the ballband felted bag before. It's a great project!